- Reading a recipe
- Following a sequence of steps
Read and demonstrate an understanding of a variety of literary, graphic and informational texts, using a range strategies to construct meaning.Language –
- Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
- Ingredients outlined on the box
- Kitchen utensils
- Stove top or microwave
- Visual step by step guide
- Prepare visual task analysis (if needed to supplement package instructions).
- Collect kitchen utensils needed.
- Collect ingredients needed.
- Wash hands in preparation.
We are going to make macaroni and cheese following the recipe on the package.
First, let’s check the instructions to make sure we have all the ingredients.
Next, let’s check to make sure we have all the utensils we will need.
Then, let’s read and follow the first step.
Next, keep going as we read the steps and prepare the mac and cheese.
Finally, time to eat the macaroni and cheese!
Finished eating, time to clean up.
Let’s check your schedule.